WASHINGTON (May 16, 2002) – The pre-registration deadline for media credentials for the June 13-15 meeting of the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops in Dallas is June 1.
Due to space limitations and the large number of applications anticipated, the USCCB Department of Communications will be taking a number of extraordinary measures to ensure minimal distractions to the Bishops during the meeting. Every effort will be made to accommodate the media's reasonable needs. Please note that:
- Applications for credentials received after June 1 are subject to denial.
- Access to the media tables inside the meeting room will not be guaranteed to credentialed media. A closed-circuit feed of the proceedings will be available in the media center for those reporters unable to be in the meeting room.
- Television coverage of the proceedings will be by pool only. More information on access to the pool will be released when details become available.
- Still photography during the meeting will also be by pool. Details are being developed.
- Limited access by television and still photographers may be arranged, if possible, at designated times.
- A limited number of telephone lines will be available for the working press in the media center. Media organizations are welcome to have dedicated phone lines installed for their exclusive use. A form for requesting phone installation may be obtained by calling the USCCB Department of Communications at 202-541-3200 or by contacting Ann Renneker at the Fairmont Hotel, 214-720-5263.
The semi-annual meeting of the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops will be held at the Fairmont Hotel in Dallas, Texas, from June 13 to June 15.
Additional information will be issued as it becomes available.