WASHINGTON (September 20, 2002) -– The United States Conference of Catholic Bishops will hold its fall meeting, November 11-14, at the Hyatt Regency on Capitol Hill. The agenda will include:
- a pastoral letter concerning migration to be issued jointly by the bishops of the U.S. and Mexico;
- a document entitled "A Place at the Table: A Catholic Commitment to Overcome Poverty and Respect the Dignity of All God's Children"
- a statement on the 30th anniversary of Roe v. Wade;
- a document on diocesan financial issues to assist dioceses in financial reporting; several items pertaining to the Church's liturgy;
- "Encuentro and Mission: A Renewed Pastoral Framework for Hispanic Ministry"
- and a report on the work of the Ad Hoc Committee on Sexual Abuse.