- Pro-Life Official Hails Reintroduction of Genuine Cloning Ban (07-052)
March 29, 2007
The Pro-Life Secretariat of the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) applauded Senators Sam Brownback (R-KS) and Mary Landrieu (D-LA) for reintroducing the "Human Cloning Prohibition Act" today.
- Doctrine Committee Offers "Public Correction" of Theologian's Pamphlets on Contraception, Abortion, and Same-Sex Marriage (07-051)
March 22, 2007
The Committee on Doctrine of the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) declared that pamphlets published by Professor Daniel Maguire of Marquette University on contraception, abortion, and same-sex marriage "do not present authentic Catholic teaching."
- National Catholic Leaders Call on Congress to Strengthen Child Health Insurance Program (07-050)
March 21, 2007
The leaders of three national Catholic organizations have called on Congress to strengthen and expand a federal health program that provides health insurance coverage for children.
- Bishops Call For an End to Cuba Travel Ban; Sanctions Reflect a Failed Policy (07-049)
March 20, 2007
The U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) is urging Congress to pass legislation that would end travel restrictions to Cuba and encourage more contact between Cuban and American citizens.
- Easter Television Special Highlights Rite of Initiation (07-048)
March 21, 2007
More than 150,000 Americans joined the Catholic Church on Holy Saturday through the Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults (RCIA) last spring.
- Care for Poor in Federal Budget, Catholic Bishops Urge Congress (07-047)
March 19, 2007
Congress must remember the needs of the poor when it considers the federal budget, Bishop William S. Skylstad of Spokane, Washington, and President of the U.S. Bishops, told members of Congress in a letter sent to Capitol Hill March 16.
- Down the Road – April 2007 (07-046)
March 19, 2007
- Holy Father's Post-Synodal Apostolic Exhortation Available From USCCB Publishing (07-045)
March 16, 2007
Pope Benedict XVI's Post-Synodal apostolic exhortation, Sacramentum Caritatis (The Sacrament of Charity) will be available, in English and Spanish, from USCCB Publishing on April 2.
- Information Released to Broadcasters on Satellite Transmissions of Holy Father's Good Friday and Easter Sunday Ceremonies (07-044)
March 15, 2007
The Vatican's Pontifical Council for Social Communications has released information for broadcasters concerning the Good Friday and Easter Sunday celebrations at which the Holy Father will preside.
- Developments in Anglican-Catholic Relations, Trends Within the Anglican Communion, and Upcoming Statements Highlight ARC-USA Meeting (07-043)
March 14, 2007
The 62nd meeting of the Anglican-Roman Catholic Theological Consultation (ARC-USA) took place at Saint Paul's College here, March 8 to 10.
- Bishops' Head Welcomes Pope's Post-Synodal Apostolic Exhortation (07-042)
March 13, 2007
The President of the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) issued a statement welcoming Pope Benedict XVI's Post-Synodal Apostolic Exhortation on the Eucharist, saying it clearly reflects the mind of the bishops who attended the Synod.
- Bishop Gregory Aymond to Address Clergy Child Sex Abuse Scandal at Georgetown Lecture (07-041)
March 12, 2007
Bishop Gregory M. Aymond, Chair of the U.S. Bishops' Committee for the Protection of Children and Young People, will address the issue of clerical sexual abuse of children at a lecture at Georgetown University, March 20, at 8 p.m.
- U.S. Bishops Call For Changes in Policies That Deny Innocent Refugees, Terror Victims Asylum in United States (07-040)
March 08, 2007
The U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) has joined a coalition of religious groups and refugee advocates calling on Congress to address flawed provisions in national security laws that have blocked thousands of vulnerable refugees, freedom fighters, and victims of oppressive regimes from entering the United States.
- Pro-Life Official Welcomes Briefing on Cloning Agenda's Risks to Women (07-039)
March 08, 2007
On March 8, International Women's Day, the Pro-Life Secretariat of the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops applauded Cathy McMorris Rodgers (R-WA) and Marcy Kaptur (D-OH) for co-sponsoring "Trading on the Female Body," a congressional briefing on the risks egg harvesting poses to women's health and safety.
- Bishop Grahmann's Resignation Accepted, Pope Appoints Bishop Kevin Farrell to Dallas; Lafayette, LA, Priest Named Lake Charles Bishop (07-038)
March 06, 2007
Pope Benedict XVI accepted the resignation of Bishop Charles V. Grahmann of Dallas and appointed Auxiliary Bishop Kevin J. Farrell of Washington as his successor.
- Annual Catholic Relief Services Collection Funds Social Ministry in U.S. and Around the World (07-037)
March 05, 2007
The Catholic Relief Services (CRS) Collection, which provides core funding for the work of five Catholic social ministry agencies in the United States, will take place March 17-18 in parishes across the country.