- U.S. Bishops Welcome Encyclical On Hope (07-197)
November 30, 2007 Spe salvi (Saved by hope), the second encyclical of Pope Benedict XVI, offers inspiration to all believers, said Cardinal Francis George of Chicago, president of the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops.
- Bishop of Lourdes Announces In Washington 150th Jubilee Anniversary Celebration of Apparitions (07-196)
November 27, 2007 The Bishop of Lourdes, France, Most Reverend Jacques Perrier, announced November 27 in Washington the opening of a year-long celebration of the 150th Jubilee anniversary of the apparitions of the Immaculate Conception to St. Bernadette Soubirous in the Grotto at Lourdes.
- Pray For Peace, Cardinal George Urges Catholics (07-195)
November 21, 2007 Ahead of an international peace conference to pursue a just and lasting peace among Israelis and Palestinians, to be held in Annapolis, Maryland, on November 27, Cardinal Francis George, of Chicago, president of the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops, urged bishops in dioceses across the country to encourage Catholics to pray for peace, especially this coming Sunday, November 25.
- Stem Cell Breakthrough Advances Science Without "Ethical Landmines," Says Cardinal (07-194)
November 20, 2007 The following statement was released today by Cardinal Justin Rigali of Philadelphia, chairman of the Committee for Pro-Life Activities at the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops: "Studies published this week in the journals Cell and Science offer new hope for advancing stem cell research and therapies while fully respecting the dignity of human life.
- Catholic Communications Directory Released (07-193)
November 20, 2007 The 2008 Directory of Catholic Communications Personnel has been published by the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops' Department of Communications.
- Bishop Michael Warfel Named Bishop of Great Falls-Billings (07-192)
November 20, 2007 Pope Benedict XVI named Bishop Michael W. Warfel of Juneau, Alaska, as Bishop of Great Falls-Billings, Montana.
- Archbishop Timothy P. Broglio named to Archdiocese for the Military Services, USA (07-191)
November 19, 2007 Pope Benedict XVI named Archbishop Timothy P. Broglio, 55, current apostolic nuncio to the Dominican Republic, to head the Archdiocese for the Military Services, USA.
- Ralph McCloud, Texas Social Ministry Leader, Named To Head Catholic Campaign for Human Development (07-190)
November 16, 2007 Ralph McCloud, head of the Diocese of Fort Worth's Department for Community and Pastoral Services since 1995, has been named head of the Catholic Campaign for Human Development (CCHD).
- Bishops Report On Status Of Catholic Elementary And Secondary Schools (07-189)
November 15, 2007 Tens of thousands of Catholics across the country have responded to the call of the bishops in their 2005 statement Renewing Our Commitment to Catholic Elementary & Secondary Schools in the Third Millennium, to make Catholic elementary and secondary schools available, accessible and affordable to Catholic parents and their children, reported Bishop Robert J. McManus, chairman of the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops' (USCCB) Education Committee.
- Down the Road – December 2007 (07-188)
November 16, 2007
- U.S. Catholic bishops approve faithful citizenship statement (07-187)
November 14, 2007 The United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) today overwhelmingly approved a statement called Faithful Citizenship: A Call to Political Responsibility from the Catholic Bishops of the United States.
- Bishops call for bipartisan cooperation and responsible transition in Iraq (07-186)
November 13, 2007 The United States and its leaders must work together in a bipartisan fashion to bring about a responsible transition in Iraq that ends the war at the earliest opportunity and minimizes the loss of lives, American and Iraqi.
- U.S. Catholic Bishops elect new president and vice president (07-185)
November 13, 2007 Cardinal Francis George of Chicago, has been elected president of the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) for a three year term beginning in 2008.
- Presidential Address, November 2007 General Meeting
November 12, 2007 It was three years ago that I stood before you, my brother Bishops, humbled and with a bit less than fullness of undaunted courage.
- Pope Benedict XVI to visit United States and United Nations (07-184)
November 12, 2007 Pope Benedict XVI will come to the United States with visits to Washington and New York City on a six-day trip which includes an address at the United Nations.
- Kentucky Student Receives National Award For Helping Youth Grasp Social Justice (07-182)
November 09, 2007 David Golemboski, 22, a student leader in the social justice community of Louisville, Kentucky, is the 2007 recipient of the annual Cardinal Bernardin New Leadership Award.
- Diplomatic Solution To Iran Problem Only Right Way, U.S. Bishops Tell Secretary Rice (07-181)
November 09, 2007 The prospect of permitting Iran to develop nuclear weapons is unacceptable, according to U.S. Catholic Bishops, but absent an immediate threat, the U.S. and other nations must be fully committed to pursuing a diplomatic solution to the present confrontation.
- U.S. Bishops Support Changes In Child Tax Credit (07-180)
November 07, 2007 U.S. Catholic bishops urged the House of Representatives to make the well-being of poor families with children a central priority when they debate and vote on the Temporary Tax Relief Act of 2007 (H.R. 3996).
- Bishops To Vote On Stewardship Brochures Directed To Teenagers (07-179)
November 06, 2007 The U.S. bishops will vote at this Fall meeting on stewardship brochures directed to teenagers.
- Need For Catholic-Muslim Dialogue Stressed at Midwest Meeting (07-178)
November 05, 2007 The need for Catholics and Muslims to exchange ideas was stressed at the annual Midwest Regional Muslim-Catholic Dialogue at the Islamic Center of America in Dearborn, Michigan, October 21-23.
- Bishops To Review 'For Your Marriage' at November Meeting (07-177)
November 05, 2007 For Your Marriage, the U.S. bishops' public awareness and marriage education campaign, will be discussed at the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) 2007 general meeting in Baltimore, November 12-15.
- Sister Janice Bader Named Head Of Religious Retirement Office (07-176)
November 05, 2007 Sister Janice Bader, a member of the Sisters of the Most Precious Blood of O'Fallon, Missouri, has been named Director of the National Religious Retirement Office (NRRO). She succeeds Sister Andrée Fries, a member of her order, who died in July.
- Orthodox-Catholic Dialogue On Church Structures Continues (07-175)
November 05, 2007 On-going dialogue on church structures continued at the North American Orthodox-Catholic Theological Consultation Oct. 25-27.
- U.S. Catholic Bishops' Pro-Life Secretariat To Congress: Support The Mexico City Policy (07-174)
November 01, 2007 As the House Committee on Foreign Affairs convened a hearing on the Mexico City Policy yesterday, October 31, the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) ran ads in four Capitol Hill publications urging members of Congress to support "that sensible policy."
- Joseph Larson of Catholic News Service to Head Bishops' New Digital Media Office (07-173)
November 01, 2007 Joseph Larson, Operations and Business Manager for Catholic News Service (CNS) in Washington, has been named Director of Digital Media for the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB).