- Young Adults are defined by the Church as those 18-40. *
- 40% of U.S. Catholics are young adults. *
- An estimated 3% of all Catholic young adults go to Catholic Colleges and Universities. *
- There are 5 million Catholic students attending Colleges and Universities in the United States. Of these, 4.5 million attend non-Catholic Colleges or Universities and half a million attend Catholic Colleges and Universities. *
- The spiritual activities that most Catholic university students are involved in are Mass, service opportunities and retreats. *
- About 20-25% of those young adults attending Catholic Colleges and Universities are involved in Campus Ministry programs. *
- The racial and ethnic makeup of the current young-adult population is as follows: *
3% African American
4% Asian or Pacific Islander
1% Native American
- 90% of Catholic Arch/Dioceses have an employee designated specifically for young adult ministry.
- In 2004, there were 12,689 serving the church at home and abroad through the 200 programs under the Catholic Network of Volunteer Services. The overwhelming majority of these volunteers are young adults. Over 80% of them have a 4-year college education.