- 1 On that day, you will say: I give you thanks, O LORD; though you have been angry with me, your anger has abated, and you have consoled me.
- God indeed is my savior; I am confident and unafraid. My strength and my courage is the LORD, and he has been my savior.
- With joy you will draw water at the fountain of salvation,
- and say on that day: Give thanks to the LORD, acclaim his name; among the nations make known his deeds, proclaim how exalted is his name.
- Sing praise to the LORD for his glorious achievement; let this be known throughout all the earth.
- Shout with exultation, O city of Zion, for great in your midst is the Holy One of Israel!
Table of Contents Previous Chapter Next Chapter
Footnotes1 [1-6] Israel's thanksgiving to the Lord, expressed in language like that of the Psalms.
New American Bible Copyright © 1991, 1986, 1970 Confraternity of Christian Doctrine, Inc., Washington, DC. All rights reserved. Neither this work nor any part of it may be reproduced, distributed, performed or displayed in any medium, including electronic or digital, without permission in writing from the copyright owner.
NCCB/USCC Home Page New American Bible Home Page
New American Bible
United States Conference of Catholic Bishops
3211 4th Street, N.E., Washington, DC 20017-1194 (202) 541-3000