- Then Bildad the Shuhite answered and said:
- Dominion and awesomeness are his who brings about harmony in his heavens.
- 1 Is there any numbering of his troops? Yet to which of them does not his light extend?
- How can a man be just in God's sight, or how can any woman's child be innocent?
- Behold, even the moon is not bright and the stars are not clear in his sight.
- How much less man, who is but a maggot, the son of man, who is only a worm?
Table of Contents Previous Chapter Next Chapter
Footnotes1 His troops: the heavenly hosts, the stars or the angels. His light: compare the wording in Job 24:13: those who are rebels against the light.
New American Bible Copyright © 1991, 1986, 1970 Confraternity of Christian Doctrine, Inc., Washington, DC. All rights reserved. Neither this work nor any part of it may be reproduced, distributed, performed or displayed in any medium, including electronic or digital, without permission in writing from the copyright owner.
NCCB/USCC Home Page New American Bible Home Page
New American Bible
United States Conference of Catholic Bishops
3211 4th Street, N.E., Washington, DC 20017-1194 (202) 541-3000