- 1 A psalm of thanksgiving. Shout joyfully to the LORD, all you lands;
- worship the LORD with cries of gladness; come before him with joyful song.
- 2 Know that the LORD is God, our maker to whom we belong, whosepeople we are, God's well-tended flock.
- Enter the temple gates with praise, its courts with thanksgiving. Give thanks to God, bless his name;
- good indeed is the LORD, Whose love endures forever, whose faithfulness lasts through every age.
Table of Contents Previous Chapter Next Chapter
Footnotes1 [Psalm 100] A hymn inviting the people to enter the temple courts with thank offerings for the God who created them.
2 Although the people call on all the nations of the world to join in their hymn, they are conscious of being the chosen people of God.
New American Bible Copyright © 1991, 1986, 1970 Confraternity of Christian Doctrine, Inc., Washington, DC. All rights reserved. Neither this work nor any part of it may be reproduced, distributed, performed or displayed in any medium, including electronic or digital, without permission in writing from the copyright owner.
NCCB/USCC Home Page New American Bible Home Page
New American Bible
United States Conference of Catholic Bishops
3211 4th Street, N.E., Washington, DC 20017-1194 (202) 541-3000