- 1 For the leader; of David. For remembrance.
- Graciously rescue me, God! Come quickly to help me, LORD!
- Confound and put to shame those who seek my life. Turn back in disgrace those who desire my ruin.
- Let those who say "Aha!" turn back in their shame.
- But may all who seek you rejoice and be glad in you. May those who long for your help always say, "God be glorified!"
- Here I am, afflicted and poor. God, come quickly! You are my help and deliverer. LORD, do not delay!
Table of Contents Previous Chapter Next Chapter
Footnotes1 [Psalm 70] A lament of a poor and afflicted person (Psalm 70:6) who has no resource except God, and who cries out to be saved from the enemy. The psalm is almost identical to Psalm 40:14-17.
New American Bible Copyright © 1991, 1986, 1970 Confraternity of Christian Doctrine, Inc., Washington, DC. All rights reserved. Neither this work nor any part of it may be reproduced, distributed, performed or displayed in any medium, including electronic or digital, without permission in writing from the copyright owner.
NCCB/USCC Home Page New American Bible Home Page
New American Bible
United States Conference of Catholic Bishops
3211 4th Street, N.E., Washington, DC 20017-1194 (202) 541-3000