The Environmental Justice Program seeks to apply Catholic social teaching to ecological and environmental concerns by working with Catholic universities and scholars to stimulate theological research and an exchange of ideas. Papers from prior consultations have been assembled into a reader entitled, And God Saw That It Was Good: Catholic Theology and the Environment, (order this book). This reader continues to be used by universities, seminaries and others.
Six scholars’ consultations have been held since 1994:
- The Person, the Poor and the Common Good: A Catholic Dialogue on the Environment
- Ethical Implications of Economic Growth: Job Creation and Environmental Safeguards
- Ecology and Catholic Theology: Contribution and Challenge
- Ecology and the Common Good: A Catholic Theological Perspective
- Creation as God’s Song: Catholic Imagination and the Environment
- Linking Environmental Studies, Theology and Science