- Archbishop McCarrick Deplores Kosovo Atrocities, July 8, 1999
Calls for just and balanced reconstruction effort to meet basic human needs.
- USCC Policy Backgrounder, June 1999
The U.N. Resolution and Conference policy reviewed.
- Bishops' President Urges Implementation of Kosovo Peace Agreement, June 10, 1999
Expresses hope that recent settlement marks Pope's vision of peaceful future for the Balkans.
- Bishops' Migration Committee: Statement on Refugee Resettlement, June 10, 1999
Committee Chair Bishop DiMarzio offers five principles for treatment of displaced Kosovars.
- Bishop Fiorenza Hails Framework for Peace, May 7, 1999
Bishop Fiorenza says elements of the proposed agreement would "go a long way toward satisfying minimum conditions for a just peace."
- Eight U.S. Cardinals Urge Milosevic, Clinton to Negotiate Peace, April 1, 1999
The eight U.S. Cardinals, in an extraordinary joint action, have sent letters to President Clinton and Yugoslavia's President Slobodan Milosevic calling for an end to all violence in Kosovo and the immediate return to negotiations.
- Bishops' President Outlines Four Steps for Peace in Kosovo, March 31, 1999
Statement of Bishop Joseph A. Fiorenza, President of the National Conference of Catholic Bishops/U.S. Catholic Conference, March 31, 1999
- Statement of Bishop Joseph A. Fiorenza, March 24, 1999
"The NATO bombing campaign poses difficult moral and policy questions on which persons of good will may disagree."
- Cease-Fire, Dialogue Offer Best Hope for Kosovo, January 21, 1999
Statement of Archbishop Theodore E. McCarrick, Chairman of the U.S. Catholic Conference Committee on International Policy.
- Pope John Paul II's Address to the Diplomatic Corps Accredited to the Holy See (Excerpts), January 11, 1999
"...the culture of peace is far from being universal ..."
- Miscellaneous Statements from the Holy See Regarding Kosovo, 1999
- Violence in Kosovo Is 'Chillingly Similar' to Recent Balkan History, September 1, 1998
Statement of Archbishop Theodore E. McCarrick following his return from the Balkans.
- U.S. Bishops Issue Statement on Kosovo, March 25, 1998
Statement of Archbishop Theodore E. McCarrick.